Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Tooth/Cryin' Shame/Happy Valentines day






So last night as my friend Suz and I were singing loudly with the crowd to the song "Sweet Tooth" at the Dave Rawlings Machine show, I thought about what a good valentines day it is after all.
It's pretty easy to get sentimental, grossly nostalgic, bitter, or just depressed because of a Hallmark holiday, but if you can just get over that part (tongue in cheek) and let yourself wear red and pink tights, eat chocolate, get purple lips, and think about the good shit, it's actually a pretty great little day. I'm feeling the whiskey from last night's rollicking, but luckily my sweet ma sent me some chocolates and fancy soaps (thanks ma!).
Here are some pictures from my Valentines week that make me feel pretty sweet...
Happy Valentines Day! love, hb

Zach and Eliza and I made valentines using potato stamps, googly eyes, glitter, and Tinkerbell stickers.

At my favorite coffee shop, a beautiful dog stylishly waits by a hydrant for his owner to get his coffee.




Eliza and Pete finally
meet and become fast friends....

The Dave Rawlings Machine at the Roseland Theater!

Me+Suz+whisky+trimet=good time valentines.

And the stinkiest valentine of all is Pete, my sweet old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment